MRT Week: November 4-10, 2018 - Time to Celebrate and Educate!
What is the MAMRT doing for MRT Week 2018?
READ the full MAMRT MRT Week 2018 Line-Up
- October 24: Beer + Botany Registration
- October 26: MAMRT at the Bombers Game Registration
- November 8: Contest #1: Win A Lunch
- November 8: MAMRT at the Moose Game Registration (and Game Day!)
- November 12: Contest #2: Wordle Poster
- November 15: Contest #3: Commemorative Pendant Design
PRINT the MAMRT+ CAMRT Poster: MRT Week 2018
PRINT the MAMRT Poster: MRTs - Essential Link
SPOT the Winnipeg Bus Shelter Ads (November 5-December 3) at:
- Ellice Avenue, E/O Spence Street NS
- Main Street 26 FT, N/O McDermot Avenue WS
LISTEN for the Public Service Announcements on CJNU Nostalgia Radio (WPG:93.7FM or MTS-TV Channnel 725. Outside WPG: Live Stream options)
SEE who has recognized #MRTWeek2018: List of MRT Week Official Proclamations and Greetings
NEW! November 8: One Day Only! The "Winnipeg" sign at The Forks will be lit up in MRTWeek2018 colours!
What is MRT Week?
MRT Week in Canada is an annual celebration of the essential role that Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) play in the healthcare system. MRTs deliver professional imaging and radiation-related treatment services with a caring touch, allowing patients to fully benefit from the latest in medical diagnostic and treatment technology.
During this important week, MRTs in Manitoba are once again invited to celebrate their profession with their community, colleagues, and each other to promote the crucial contributions of the MRT profession.
Sponsored by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT), MRT Week is
- an opportunity for MRTs across Canada to demonstrate pride in their profession and to convey the important message about the essential link MRTs provide between technology and patients in the healthcare system; and
- a chance for all MRTs to celebrate and recognize professional accomplishment and to educate the public and healthcare colleagues about their chosen profession and the role they play in medical imaging and therapeutic treatment. The story of the profession, when presented by the passionate MRTs, has been shown to resonate with colleagues, patients and the general public long after MRT Week is over.
Be sure to also check out other ways to take advantage of MRT Week on the CAMRT website: Guide to MRT Week